Since the Released of Nexus 5 along with Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, most of the Nexus devices are new enjoying Android 4.4 Kit-Kat. While other Android devices have nothing else to do except installing Custom ROMs based on Android 4.4. Every other Android user is now looking for a way to install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat on their device. But due to less time most users are afraid to try these ROMs because they are early release and contains bugs and performance issues. Since everyone is looking for Android 4.4 Kit-Kat based ROMs, So, we are sharing these ROMs on out Site.
Today this article will continue with the information contain about Installing Android 4.4 Kit-Kat based ROMs on HTC One (M7) T-Mobile, Sprint and international version. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC One.
Download the Android 4.4 ROM
- HTC One International (GSM/LTE):
- Sprint HTC One:
- CM 11 Beta: Cm-11-20131113-UNOFFICIAL-M7spr.Zip
- Verizon HTC One: CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial:
- CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial: Cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-M7vzw.Zip
Download Google Apps
Gapps with ART support: gapps-kk-20131110-artcompatible.zip
Download Latest SuperUser:
NOTE: Screenshots of the ClockworkMod Recovery may change as new versions are released.
How To Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat on HTC One.
- Download the Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, Gapps and Super SU.zip files to your PC.
- Connect HTC One to PC.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded files to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your tablet.
CWM Recovery Users
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now go to Recovery mode.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Follow the above 3 steps to install Google Apps and the Super SU
- Wait for the process to over.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ to return to previous screen.
- Then select “reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select System, Data and Cache.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the ROM file and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Install Google Apps the Same way.
- Then Install Super SU the same way.
- Finally Tap Reboot and then System.
Voila! your HTC One has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat/CM11 Experimental Build, Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
If You Encounter the Bootloop Error.
If after installing all the above apps and rebooting your device, you can’t able to pass HTC Logo screen after 1-minute. Do the Following.
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, goto Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Extract the (Android 4.4) .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016