Here we are again with another Custom ROM for those devices of HTC which are not upgradeable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. HTC Desire C, like every other HTC device who was released in 2012, yet not receiving the update of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. HTC Desire C was released in May 2012, a mid range and with some small specs, upgradeable to Android 4.0 but not upgradeable to Android 4.1. AsiaRom ROMs are basically based on CM ROMs but with more enhancement and features.
In this Article, we will tell you How To Update HTC Desire C to Android AsiaRom Custom Firmware.But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and CWM or TWRP must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This tutorial is only for HTC Desire C.
How To Update HTC Desire C to Android AsiaRom v2.1 Custom Firmware.
- First make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Viper S 3.1.2.zip File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and in Kernal Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Viper S.zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on-screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on-screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Viper S.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation, Again select ‘install zip from sd card’ and ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select Gapps.zip file and confirminstallation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016