The best thing about Helly Bean is that it is based on both Android 4.2 and CM10.1 sources, you will get all the stock goodies along with customization features of CyanogenMod 10.1. You get Facebook sync integrated along with other option of choosing between High and Low End Graphics. You don’t need to open task manager to kill the apps, just long press the Back Button and you can kill all the apps and free the RAM. All these amazing features combined with a stable ROM what else would you ask for. If you are interested in upgrading your Galaxy S I9000, follow our tutorial.
In this Article, we will tell you How To Update Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.2.2 Helly Bean Custom Firmware. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and CWM or TWRP must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy S I9000.
How To Update Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.2.2 Helly Bean Custom Firmware.
- Download the ROM and Google Apps files but don’t extract any of them.
- Connect Galaxy S to PC. Make sure to use original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Recovery mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.2 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select ‘reboot system now’.
Note: Repeat Step 10 and 11, but select Gapps instead of Android 4.2, to install Google Apps.
Voila! your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 has been updated to Android 4.2 Helly Bean Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016