I love to poke in XDA Developer Forum and most of the time I have found interesting stuff as well. And then I also share all those helpful tips and tricks with you all. Today I’ll tell you how to Unlock and Root Moto X Developer Edition Running KitKat. Following are the step by step instruction guide for Moto X Dev Ed and for non Dev Ed. Thanks to XDA Member.
How To Unlock Moto X Running Kit Kat [ Dev Ed ]:
- First unlock and root Moto X Developer Edition.
- Use the Following link to Unlock the Moto X and also download SDK and installing Motorola Device Manager.
- Now download the mfastboot.exe.
- After download mfastboot.exe place it in same directory as fastboot.
- Download TWRP for Moto X 4.4. Place it in same directory as fastboot.
- After unlocking your Moto X enable USB debugging.
- Now Download SuperSU 1.93.
- After downloading the SuperSU put your Moto X into bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down button+power button for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Now connect your device with PC.
- After you device is successfully connected in bootloader mode. Open a command prompt on your PC and go to the directory where you’ve placed mfastboot.exe.
- In command prompt writer.
mfastboot flash recovery twrp-184.108.40.206-ghost-4.4.img
- This command will be a flash recovery on your Moto X.
- Now in command prompt type.
- After your device is rebooted, disconnect your device from PC.
- Now go into the recovery by pressing Volume down button to highlight recovery and then press volume up button to select it.
- After getting in to the recovery tap on install button to install SuperSU.
- Now scroll down to find SuperSU where you placed it.
- Select the SuperSU zip file and swipe to install.
All Done. 🙂 Do tell me in comments if you face any kind of issues regarding this guide.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Trailer Park Boys Greasy Money for PC Windows-Mac-Laptop - April 26, 2017
- Office Space Idle Profits for PC Windows – Laptop – Mac - April 26, 2017
- 1000 Cool Clan Names for CoD and CoC - April 26, 2017