For all those who don’t know what is the importance of an Unlocked Bootloader, allow me to explain. Bootloader is like a Factory restriction, it is the very program that load the OS when you boot the device. When you first buy the brand new device it will come with a locked Bootloader. To install Custom Tweaks or Mods you need to Unlock the Bootloader first, so it can understand that you device is trying to boot a Custom Firmware. So, if you want to learn a lot about your device performance and other stuff, the first is to Unlock the Bootloader.
In Case of Moto G, Unlocking Bootloader is not a very difficult task, it is quite simple, but you will need to get prepared before you unlock the Bootloader. Since unlocking the Bootloader will erase all your data on the device, not the Media, data like Apps and Messages etc. but still in case of any mishap, Back-up all your Important data.
First of all Configured the ADB and Fastboot in your PC. HOW? Follow:How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging. If you don’t see the developer options then go to Settings > About and tap the build number 5 or 6 times.
Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 %.
This Tutorial is Only For Motorola Moto G.
How To Unlock Bootloader Motorola Moto G.
- Once the ADB and Fastboot is configured, Continue.
- Turn Off your Moto G.
- Press and Hold Power + Volume Down button to open into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Now go to the Fastboot folder.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now in cmd, Type fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
- Now Open This Page: Link
- Sign-in and Continue.
- Now in cmd windows, you will have something like this displayed:
(bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230; (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00; (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95; (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000; (bootloader) 0000000.
- Copy and Paste it ( Without “bootloader”) to the Motorola Web-Site and select can my device be unlocked.
- Press request unlock key and click I Agree.
- A unique code will be sent to your E-Mail, check it in 3-5 minutes.
- Go to cmd again and Type: fastboot oem unlock and paste the code after unlock.
- Now Check your Motorola Moto G, whether Bootloader is unlocked or not.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016