Well when ever we have to root HTC and Sony mobiles specially high end device we have to unlock bootloader first then fastboot and much more although its not that difficult. Well leave it today i’ve some good new for Xperia Z2 owners now they can root Xperia Z2 with locked bootloader. Special thanks to team Xperia blog for this working method and main credit goes to XDA developers DooMLoRD, norti and xsacha.
After the latest Xperia Z2 firmware build (17.1.1.A.0.402) the exploit use to root Xperia z2 was patched so this method will not work on latest firmwares. You can only use this method on those device who are running firmware with build numbers 17.1.A.2.55 and 17.1.A.2.69.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are pre-rooting instructions:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia Z2. Do not try this on any other model, please check your device’s mode in Settings > About Device.
- The Root instructions are only for Sony Xperia Z2 running firmware with build numbers 17.1.A.2.55 and 17.1.A.2.69. Check your firmware version in Settings > About Device and make sure that it matches the one mentioned here.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Backup your current system using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) if you’ve flashed one. This is recommended in case something goes wrong with rooting your phone, you can use the custom recovery and return to the old working state of your system.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and applied all precautionary measures. Let’s go ahead.
How To Root your Xperia Z2 with locked bootloader:
Follow all the steps very carefully in order to root your Xperia Z2 with locked bootloader. Try not to miss any step and if by chance this method is not working please give a try again.
- Download Xperia Z2 Rooting Toolkit for here.
- After downloading Toolkit extract it on your PC.
- Before starting goto your settings and enable USB Debugging from developer options.
- Now connect your Xperia Z2 with computer using USB cable.
- Now run the Toolkit double click on ‘runme.bat’ from the files that you’ve extracted in 2nd step.
- Now you see in CMD windows that process will start “Installing exploit app“. Don’t do anything wait the process to be completed.
- After a while you’ll see a message saying ” Copying BIG file “. Still don’t do anything let the script his working.
- Now wait for few seconds and the when you see the following message appears that means you have to crash your service menu on your device. Access your phone and you’ll notice script has opened a service menu on your Xperia Z2. All you have to do is click on Service Info > Configuration. Now press any key to continue.
- Now after successfully crashing the service menu first time you have to do it again when see the same message again on your Command prompt screen.
- If your both steps has successfully completed then you’ll see this message “Removing exploit app”.
- Now disconnect your device from your computer.
- Reboot it and all done. Your Xperia Z2 is successfully rooted with lock Bootloader.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Happy New Year HD Wallpapers Free Download – 2017 - December 2, 2016
- How To Disable Narrator Voice Windows 10-8-7 - December 2, 2016
- Happy new year 2017 wallpapers HD desktop background free download - December 1, 2016