Chinese smartphone manufacturers have taken the competition seriously and are giving a real hard time to other tech giants inside and outside the Chinese markets. Where one has a high budget for a smartphone in mind, Chinese manufacturers take that thought out and provide a smartphone packed up with high end specs in a too cheap price. Similarly, Xiaomi is one of those manufactures based in China struggling to go up. With it’s line of Android smartphones, Xiaomi is gaining popularity and user reliability as well.
Xiaomi’s Mi-2S is an Android device sporting a nice 4.3 inches display with 342 ppi. Inside the device there is a 1.7 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 CPU accompanied by Adreno 320 GPU and a RAM of 2 GB. Xiaomi has used an 8MP camera sensor at the back while a 2 MP camera sensor is there on the front while the device runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. Quite nice features, isn’t it? well, that really makes one consider this phone a choice when the price is not high as other manufacturers.
So, let’s get back to the topic now. These smartphones are not too much popular at the moment and it may become a pain in vein finding a method to root any such device. Xiaomi Mi-2S owners may end up finding no method over the web, so in order to overcome this worry, we’ve found a working root method for this device. In the following post we’ll go through the method but before we move further we’ll have a look at brief introduction to what is root access and why you should root your phone as some of you might the first timers.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some important instructions to follow before you root your device:
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi-2S. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device model under Settings > About device first and only then proceed.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Proceed at your own risk. Read each and everything carefully.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi-2S now:
Rooting this phone is quiet simple and requires a few taps only. Thanks to XDA-Senior member Alephzain for developing Framaroot that has made it easy to root Xiaomi Mi-2S.
- Download: Framaroot APK v1.9.1
- Download the APK file and place it on your phone.
- Run the APK file, allow unknown sources if asked.
- Open Framaroot from App Drawer.
- Select Install SuperSu.
- Select Gandalf Exploit.
- Follow the onscreen instructions!
- Complete the process.
- Phewww! You’re rooted now! Enjoy 😀
- You can also unroot your device using the same application.
This surely is developer’s hardwork and if you’re really happy with such easy rooting method, please consider donating by purchasing his app here.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017