We have heard a bounty on the head of a Pirate or a wanted person, but we have never seen a bounty putting on the rooting of a Specific device. Verizon Galaxy S5 is the device whose rooting caused XDA developers to pay a lump sum of $18,000 to the developers of Towel Root, geohot, who successfully rooted this device. However, the case gets worst as the updates for Verizon Galaxy S5 keeps going on and on and users kept asking for the rooting method of these updates, which aroused even a bigger challenge for developers and the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat update failed to be rooted by the same old method. They somehow released the rooting method for NHA build, but the surprisingly release of NI2 build once again messed things up. In this article we will show you how to retain Root on NI2 build of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat.
Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
But before we begin, Make sure that:
- Update Your Device To Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat:Link
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SM-G900V .
- Do-not try this tutorial on any other device
- Back-Up all Your apps: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Root The Device.
- After updating your device to the OTA build, follow:
- Download Stock Kernel of Galaxy S5: Link
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File ‘G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel.tar.md5‘
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot Option.
- Now Click the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen and get the “Pass” Message on Odin, unplug the cable
- Now Keep closing apps, until you are able to run Towel root app.
- Click Make in Rain button to root your device.
- Now Once again, Download NI2 Stock Kernel: Link
- Follow the above Odin steps to Flash it.
- Restart your device and Enjoy
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016