Another carrier bonded version of powerful HTC One, if you happened to bought it, might have waited to remove all the restrictions on it and the only way to do it is by installing Super SU on it which allows your device to give you the root access. We already showed you tutorials about rooting HTC One carrier version like Sprint or GSM and today we will add T-Mobile HTC One to our collection. The T-Mobile HTC One is running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which is quite easy to root.
In this Article, we will show you How To Root T-Mobile HTC One and Install Custom Recovery on It. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For T-Mobile HTC One.
- Bootloader must be Unlocked. HOW? Follow: Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Smartphones.
How To Install Custom Recovery On T-Mobile HTC One.
First Of all make sure that Fastboot is Configured. HOW ? Follow: How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
Download the DV_T-Mobile-HTC-One.Zip and extract the Files in Fastboot directory Or if the Fastboot files area already in the extracted folder then extract it anywhere in PC.
Download Super Su and Copy and Paste it to the Root of your HTC One.
Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
Connect your device with PC, while it is in Fastboot mode.
Now Open the Fastboot Directory, In the Fastboot folder, hold shift and right click on an empty area and click on ”open command prompt here”.
Now On your Choice Enter one of the Following Commands:
- fastboot flash recovery cmw.img to install CWM Recovery.
- fastboot flash recovery twrp.img to install TWRP Recovery.
- fastboot flash recovery philz.img to install PhilZ Recovery.
Now you have successfully installed the Custom Recovery on your HTC One, let’s head towards the Rooting tutorial.
How To Root T-Mobile HTC One.
Now that you have installed Custom Recovery on your T-Mobile HTC One, it is now ready to install Super SU which will Root your device.
Once Again, Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen. Choose Recovery From Bootloader.
- From Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Super SU file and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Finally Tap Reboot and then System.
CWM Recovery Users:
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ then select “reboot system now’
Once the Reboot is done, check the Super SU app in the App drawer to confirm the Rooting Process. Or Download any Root Checker app to Verify.
If you Own Sprint or AT&T HTC One, we also have Tutorials for them.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016