Samsung’s new beast, the Galaxy S5 has already headed towards the markets, and is available for most of the US carriers now. Sprint’s Galaxy S5 is already up and can be purchased, the device is modeled as SM-G900P. Samsung has loaded the Galaxy S5 with enough features to empty your pockets, the device’s focus is on health and lifestyle, so you would love to get your hands on it and test it heart rate monitor and other cool sensors with awesome features on the device.
While you plan to buy the Galaxy S5, you surely would like to break it’ jails and get beyond the boundaries. This requires you to root your device first and then tweak it. If you’ve something similar on mind, then we have something to fulfill it right here. In the following post we are going to root Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. All you need is, you need to follow this comprehensive guide carefully. Before we proceed, I’m assuming that some of you’re already familiar with rooting an Android device, but not all are the same. For newbies, we will first have a look on the brief introduction of the root access and also know that why you should root your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Alright! Go ahead, follow this guide to the letter.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
Files you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download & Unzip Cf Auto Root Package file once on your desktop, you will get a .tar.md5 file.
How to Root Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P:
- Open Odin3.exe from the extracted folder.
- Put your Sprint SGS 5 in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the CF-autoroot file that you extracted above.
- In case you’re using Odin v3.09, you will put the .tar.md5 file in the “AP” tab, rest of the settings should remain untouched in Odin v3.09 as well.
- Your Odin screen should look like exactly as shown below.
- Click Start and the root process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.
- The process is quite fast and will finish in a few seconds, as soon as it ends, your phone will restart and you’ll see the CF Auto root installing SuperSu on your phone.
- Congratulations you have your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P rooted now!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Galaxy S5.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
Once you’re rooted, make sure that you Backup EFS Data on your Galaxy S5.
That’s all. In case you have some queries or you’re facing some issues regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We surely will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all.