You might be one of those waiting to get their hands on Sony’s latest flagships, the Xperia Z2 that it brought up recently at MWC, 2014. Some of the Android enthusiasts, who can’t just wait enough for the device, would like to root it as soon as they get it, but before you even start looking for a method after getting your Xperia Z2, you will be a little surprised to know that XDA Recognized Developer Doomlord has developed a CWM recovery for the Xperia Z2 and has also got it rooted. So rather than wasting some time, we’ll just get straight and head towards the root instructions for the Xperia Z2.
Before we move forward, I’m assuming that some of you are new here and have no idea at all about what is root access and why you should root your device. In order to make it clear, we will first have a look on a brief introductions of the root access and then head towards the pre installation and installation instructions.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Pre-requisits / Pre-installation Instructions:
- The Root instructions are only for Xperia Z1 D6502/D6503/D6543 running latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat 17.1.A.2.55 or 17.1.A.2.36 firmware. Check your firmware version in Settings > About Device and make sure that it matches the one mentioned here.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup your current system using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) if you’ve flashed one. This is recommended in case something goes wrong with rooting your phone, you can use the custom recovery and return to the old working state of your system.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and applied all precautionary measures. Let’s go ahead.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SONY in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How to Root Xperia Z2 Running Latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 17.1.A.2.55 or 17.1.A.2.36 Firmware:
- You need to install CWM recovery first. Follow our full guide here to install it on your device.
- Download Supersu.zip file now.
- Place the downloaded Supersu.zip file on your phone’s sd card.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone. To do so, turn off your device first. Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Pink LED, press the Volume Up Key rapidly.
- You should see the CWM recovery interface shortly.
- Once in CWM, select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Select SuperSu.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash SuperSu.zip file, once flashing is complete, reboot your device.
- Find SuperSu in app drawer now. You can also install Root Checker app from Play Store to check root.
- Congrats! You’re rooted now!
That’s All! Let us know if the tutorial worked fine for you. In case you got any queries or face any issues regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017