Sony has rolled out a new update based on the build number 17.1.1.A.0.438 for its latest flagship device, the Xperia Z2. The new update fixes some minor bugs and is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. As always, the update is on a slow roll out at the moment not all the users have received this.
So, just in case you’re one of the lucky people to receive this update and you’re now enjoying this on your device, you may want to add a little charm to it by gaining the root access. In case you didn’t come across any method to root your device running the .438 firmware, you may stop worrying about it now as you’ve spotted the right place. We are going to root the Xperia Z2 D6503 running the latest 17.1.1.A.0.438 firmware without touching the bootloader of your device. All you need is, you need to follow this guide being careful and get it done without any hiccups here an there.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia Z2. The device must be running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based on the build number 17.1.1.A.0.438.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 Times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How to Root:
- Download the EasyRoot Tool V7.zip file
- Extract the file to get the install.bat file.
- Connect your Xperia Z2 D6503 to your PC now.
- Run the install.bat file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions now and get it done.
- That’s All! You’re rooted now.
How to install busybox now?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you find it, install it.
- Run the Busybox installer and proceed with the installation.
- That’s all!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Xperia Z2.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
What to do once you’re rooted?
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Root Credits: zxz0O0
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016