Since the arrival of 23.0.1.A.0.167 update for Sony Xperia Z2, there isn’t any simple or typical way to root the device while running this Firmware. A lot has tried in the past, but somehow there methods were only for their own device, doesn’t work on others and even if they does, some of their apps stop working or the rooting methods does something that forces the users to go back to Stock device again. However, XDA member rafaelbelo, has arrived with another rooting method, quite unique and different, no need for a locked bootloader or any different tool or any of the complex adb commands, all you need is the Flashtool and a little knowledge about the Flashtool.
The process, put simply, goes on like this, first you will downgrade the device, root it on the downgraded version using towelroot, update the fimrware to the same version again and thus the latest firmware will be reveled, update it and your device will maintain the root along with the latest firmware running, without any need of an un-locked bootloader. Without further ado, let us continue to the Back-up links along with the Step-by-Step tutorial.
- This is only for Xperia Z2 C6543!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Sony in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Xperia Flashtool: Link
7.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware for your Region: Link
How to Root Sony Xperia Z2 C6543:
Downgrade & Root 7.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware:
- First of All Downgrade your device to 7.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware, make sure to use the Firmware for your region, for further help, follow the link
- After the Downgrade, Navigate to Flashtool Menu > My 65XX > Root > Force Towel Root.
- Now Choose the Super SU Option, if prompted.
- Look at the Mobile Screen and Tap “make it rain” and let it run.
- The phone will restart and after the Reboot your device will be rooted.
Update your device:
Now that your device is rooted on 7.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware, it is time to update it.
- You’ll be prompted to update your device to the same version, if Yes then update it.
- Once updated, your device will be rooted
- After this another OTA will show up, (if the above process won’t be there don’t worry, just update the device to latest firmware via OTA)
- This time it will be 23.0.1.A.0.167 version, let it download and install
- That is it, just make sure to pray that the root will be there after this update
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016