Have you updated your Sony Xperia Z1 to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware that Sony just rolled out few days back? Well if so, and if you happen to be an Android enthusiast, its time to get root access on your Xperia Z1 having this latest firmware with the .108 firmware.
To make it easier for you, we will be rooting Sony Xperia Z1 C6902, C6903, C6906 and C6943 running latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware based on the build number 14.4.A.0.108. You just need to be careful while following this guide in order to gain the root access successfully.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia Z1 C6902, C6903, C6906 and C6943 running 14.4.A.0.108 firmware.
- Install Sony’s USB drivers from here.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 Times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How To Root Sony Sony Xperia Z1 running 14.4.A.0.108 Firmware [Bootloader Locked]:
- Download the EasyRoot Tool.zip file
- Extract the file to get the install.bat file.
- Connect your Xperia Z1 to your PC now.
- Run the install.bat file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions now and get it done.
- That’s All! You’re rooted now.
How to install busybox now?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you find it, install it.
- Run the Busybox installer and proceed with the installation.
- That’s all!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Xperia.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
What to do once you’re rooted?
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
That’s all, Just in case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to reach us through the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017