Have you updated your Xperia V LT25i to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based on build number 9.2.A.2.5? Well, if so, you might be looking out for a method to break the jails on this latest firmware and make your Xperia V fly high, and that too keeping the bootloader of your device safe and secure, unlike the traditional root methods.
In case you’re wondering how can you do so, you need to calm yourself for a while and scroll down this post as we are going to root Xperia V LT25i running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 firmware. We will be using GeoHot’s Towelroot, a very nice little application capable of rooting a number of applications based on an exploit. All you need is, you need to follow this guide carefully in order to get it done successfully.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for SonyXperia V LT25i running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 firmware.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 Times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How To Root Sony Xperia V LT25i running 9.2.A.2.5 Firmware with Locked Bootloader:
- Download Towelroot apk.
- Connect your Xperia to your PC now.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your device.
- Disconnect your device and locate the APK file on it.
- Tap the APK file to begin installation.
- Select “Package Installer” if prompted.
- Allow Unknown Sources from Settings > Security if required.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it.
- Now open the Towelroot application from the app drawer.
- Tap the button “make it ra1n” in the towelroot app.
- Now download SuperSu.zip file.
- Unzip the file, and grap Superuser.apk from the common folder in the unzipped folder.
- Now copy this apk to your Xperia, and install it using steps 2 – 8.
- Once installed, update Superuser or SuperSu using Google Play Store.
- Phewwww! That’s all, you can now enjoy your rooted Xperia.
How to install busybox now?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you find it, install it.
- Run the Busybox installer and proceed with the installation.
- That’s all!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Xperia.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
What to do once you’re rooted?
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
That’s all. Please consider a donation to the developer for his hardwork on this application. Just in case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to reach us through the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017