Sony’s Xperia TX is a mid-range Android powered device that sports a nice 4.5 inches display with 323 ppi, Sony has used Dual Core Krait CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz in the device accompanied by Adreno 225 GPU and a RAM of 1 GB. What makes this device even more attractive is it’s very nice 13 MP camera shooter at the back and a 1.3 MP on the front is fixed as well. Out of the box, Xperia TX runs on Android 4.0 ICS. Xperia TX is quiet same as Xperia T, differs in some minor specs only.
Xperia TX has been recently updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based on build number 9.2.A.0.295. The update packs up some UI changes, bug fixes and performance enhancements. The new firmware surely needs a new method to get rooted and the root users maybe looking out their for a way to go beyond the boundaries after updating their device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Well, we’ve found a working method and in the following post we are going to explain it. You got to move a little forward with us, before we head towards the installation instructions, many of you might not be familiar with what is root access and why you should root your phone,so, to make it more clear let’s have a look on a brief intro of root access first.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia TX LT29i. Do not try this on any other model, please check your device’s mode in Settings > About Device.
- The Root instructions are only for TX LT29i running 9.2.A.0.295 firmware. Check your firmware version in Settings > About Device and make sure that it matches the one mentioned here.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Before applying any custom treatment to your device, it is always highly recommended to backup each and everything, so that in case something goes wrong you can still have all of your important data safe and secure. Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Backup your current system using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) if you’ve flashed one. This is recommended in case something goes wrong with rooting your phone, you can use the custom recovery and return to the old working state of your system.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and applied all precautionary measures. Let’s go ahead.
How to Root Xperia TX Running Latest Android 4.3 9.2.A.0.295 Firmware:
- You need to install CWM recovery first. Follow our full guide here to install it on your device.
- Download Supersu.zip file now.
- Place the downloaded Supersu.zip file on your phone’s sd card.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone. To do so, turn off your device first. Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Pink LED, press the Volume Up Key rapidly.
- You should see the CWM recovery interface shortly.
- Once in CWM, select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Select SuperSu.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash SuperSu.zip file, once flashing is complete, reboot your device.
- Find SuperSu in app drawer now. You can also install Root Checker app from Play Store to check root.
- Congrats! You’re rooted now!
That’s All! Let us know if the tutorial worked fine for you. In case you got any queries or face any issues regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017