Samsung Infuse 4G is quite similar to Galaxy S II and is At&t’s phone. Infuse was release in the same year (2011) as well, that actually gave Samsung a boost with its flagship Galaxy S II. Infuse sports a 4.55 inches Super AMOLED display with 207 ppi, Samsung has used 1.2 GHz Cortex – A8 CPU to power up this device. It came up with an 8 MP camera at the back and a 1.3 MP on the front. Infuse 4G SGH I997 ran on Android Froyo out of the box and received updates till Android 2.3 Gingerbread only.
Well, if you’re an Infuse 4G owner and you’re looking out to unleash the true power of your device, you will probably need to root your device and go beyond it’s boundaries. While Infuse 4G is way too old now and is also not a main stream device of Samsung, many of you may not be able to find a working method to root this device. To overcome this need, we have found a working root method and in the following post we will be going through it. As some of you might be the first timers, before we begin, we will have a brief look over what is root access and why you should root your phone.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some important instructions to follow before you root your device:
- This guide is only for Infuse 4G SGH-I997. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device model underSettings > About device first and only then proceed.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Proceed at your own risk. Read each and everything carefully.
How to Root Samsung SGH-i997 Infuse 4G:
Rooting this phone is quiet simple and requires a few taps only. Thanks to XDA-Senior member Alephzain for developing Framaroot that has made it easy to root Samsung Infuse 4G.
- Download: Framaroot APK v1.9.1
- Download the APK file and place it on your phone.
- Run the APK file, allow unknown sources if asked.
- Open Framaroot from App Drawer.
- Select Install SuperSu.
- Select any of these exploits: Sam, Frodo, Legolas and Aragorn.
- Follow the onscreen instructions!
- Complete the process.
- Phewww! You’re rooted now! Enjoy
- You can also unroot your device using the same application.
This surely is developer’s hardwork and if you’re really happy with such easy rooting method, please consider donating by purchasing his app here.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016