Except Flagship devices, Samsung’s all other smartphones are not worthy to be used at all. All that Lag and bugs are more than enough a reason to not use them, instead go after any other set to not only save a little money but also get better performance and results. However, after a huge sales of Note Series and their unexpected success, Samsung released another Note device but with a huge size and much larger display. Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 supports a Multi-Touch Super Clear LCD Display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Series, 2.3 GHz Krait Quad Core Processor, Android 330 for immense gaming, Android 4.4 Kit-Kat out of the Box and much more.
But our Concern here is not the Specs of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, but the Question is To Root Or Not To Root, well if you don’t know what will happen or what rooting does, allow me to explain. Rooting your Android device. allows you to get full control over it, also allows you to install Custom Recoveries and ROMs on it, along with many more tweaks and other stuff. It allows you to change settings of your hardware too, like you can overclock you CPU. GPU and RAM, but all of it will heat up your device and not suggested from many officials. If you have a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and want to root it, follow the tutorial ahead and get what you want.
In this Article, we will show you How To How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900/P905. But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SM-P900 Or SM-P905.
- Do not try this tutorial on any other device.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CF-Auto Root Package For SM-P900 (Wi-Fi): Link
CF-Auto Root Package For SM-P905 (LTE): Link
How To Root this Device:
- Download Rooting Package For your Galaxy Note PRO to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File ‘CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5′ for SM-P900 Or “CF-Auto-Root-viennalte-viennaltexx-smp905.tar.md5″ for SM-P905
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot Option.
- Now Click the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete, your device will restart and once you see the Home Screen and get the “Pass” Message on Odin, unplug the cable.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016