Looking for a way to get your Galaxy Core rooted? Well, it’s quite easy. In the following post we are going to gain root access on Samsung Galaxy Core I8260 and I8262 (Dual SIM). If you’ve been wondering here and there for the method, you just need to stop and follow the comprehensive and step-by-step method below.
Before we begin with the root process, I’m assuming that some of you might be the first timers and are not familiar with rooting an Android device and have no idea at all about why they should root their device. To leave no confusions, we will first have a look on a brief introduction of root access and then proceed with pre-installation instructions.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8260 and I8262. Before installing this, make sure that your device is listed below. Check your device’s model number in Settings > More > About Device.
- Download the file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC.
- Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How to Root Galaxy Core I8260 & I8262:
- You need CWM recovery. Install it from here.
- You need to download the SuperSu.zip file.
- Copy the downloaded SuperSu.zip file to the SD card of your Galaxy Core.
- Once CWM is installed, boot into CWM recovery on your phone now. To do so, turn off your device completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key and you will be in the recovery mode. In case this method fails, try one of the methods listed here.
- Once in CWM, select “Install>Choose Zip from SD card > SuperSu.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash SuperSu in your device, wait till it completes.
- As soon as flashing ends, reboot your device.
- Find SuperSu installed in app drawer.
- Install “Root Checker App” from Google Play Store now to verify root access.
- That’s All!
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017