Last time we post the tutorial of rooting Nexus 5 by installing Super SU directly on it, for that you have to install a custom recovery on it. But this time we are posting a tutorial of rooting Nexus 5 with the help of CF-Atuo Root, you don’t need to install any recovery to root your device when it comes to CF-Auto root. This tutorial is far easier than the previous one, but you need to unlock the bootloader first otherwise it will wipe all of your App data. How To Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 5.
In this Article,we will show you How To Root Nexus 5 On Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Using CF-Auto Root. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Fastboot files, if you haven’t download them already.
- Your Device must be Running Android 4.4 Kit-Kat.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Nexus 5.
- Make sure that ADB and Fastboot is configured on PC. HOW? Follow the link
- Make sure that you have already unlocked the Bootloader. HOW? Follow the Link
How To Root Nexus 5 On Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Using CF-Auto Root.
After Configuring the ADB and Fastboot, and unlocking the Bootlaoder, Proceed below.
- Download the Required files.
- Put Fastboot in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. If there is no directory, create one. But if you have followed our tutorial of Android SDK and Fastboot Configuration, there will already be one.
- Connect Nexus 5 with PC, make sure to use Original USB Cable.
- Turn Off your Phone.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- Put the CF-Auto Root files in Fastboot Directory.
- Now Depending on your OS, run the following.
- Run root-windows.bat
- chmod +x root-linux.sh
- Run root-linux.sh
Mac OS X:
- chmod +x root-mac.sh
- Run root-mac.sh
- Now wait for the Process to complete, or follow the On-Screen instruction if you have a Locked Bootloader.
- After the installation is complete, your phone will reboot, it will take at least 5-minutes for the First run. So, Be Patient.
That’s it your Nexus 5 is now rooted on Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, Check the Super SU or Download Root Checker app to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016