Nexus 5 is dominating its way through the Mobile world to get the throne but it won’t be possible without knowing how much support it will provide when it get’s totally open source and the only way to get full control of your Nexus 5 is by Rooting it. Well since the mobile is only Two days old in terms of release, rooting method is not that easy to find. But this is the kind of challenge what developers want and it looks like they have succeeded in creating a rooting method for Nexus 5 running Android 4.4 Kit-Kat. The best part is that you can even install CWM Recovery on Nexus 5 by following our tutorial.
In this article,we will show you How To Root Nexus 5 on Android 4.4 Kit-Kat and Install ClockworkMod Recovery. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Running Android 4.4 Kit-Kat.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Nexus 5.
How To Root Nexus 5 on Android 4.4 Kit-Kat and Install ClockworkMod Recovery.
First of all make sure that you have install Android SDK and USB Drivers Package on your PC. HOW? Follow the Link
- Download Super SU but do not exact it.
- Now Connect Nexus 5 with PC and make sure to use the original USB cable.
- Now Copy and Pate the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip to the root of your SD card.
- Turn Off your Phone.
- Download CWM 188.8.131.52.img and Paste it to the Fastboot folder.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- Navigate to Fastboot folder and Open Command Prompt here. HOW? Hold Shift Key + Right Click anywhere in the folder and then click Open command window here.
- Type in the following Command: fastboot flash recovery hammerhead-cwm-184.108.40.206-unofficial.img
- Once completed, choose Recovery from Fastboot menu.
- In CWM Recovery, Choose ‘flash zip from sd card’ then Select ‘Choose zip from Sd card’.
- Now choose the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, go to “+++++Go Back” then select ‘reboot system now’.
That’s it your Nexus 5 has been rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery has been installed on it. If the CWM Recovery does not work, try the TWRP Recovery it will work.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- [ No Jailbreak ] Play Pokemon GO without moving (iOS Joystick ) - March 22, 2017
- Download Kodi v17.1 Krypton Final Version - March 22, 2017
- Download Pokemon Go++ 1.29.1 And 0.59.1 Hacked IPA On iPhone Without Jailbreak - March 22, 2017