Installing an official update cause your set to loose its root access, due to that you can’t able to install any custom ROMs on your device. You have to Root your device again, if your previous method is for every Android version then its fine but if not, then you have to find another way to root it. Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX have recently received it’s Android 4.1.2 update, I don’t know about other regions but the set I got received it Two days ago. So, again Google the root method until I found the working one, so here I am sharing it with all of you.
In this Article, we will show you How To Root Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This tutorial is only for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX.
How To Root Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- First Install either USB Drivers or Motorola Device Manager, which will automatically install USB drivers for Motorola Device.
- Download the Root Toolkit and extract it anywhere, but remember the path.
- Open Play Store and download SMARTACTIONS app and Leave it as it is, don’t try to change anything.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is On. HOW? Go to Settings > Development > Check Android/USB Debugging.
- Now connect your device with PC and choose any other mode than Mass Storage like Camera Mode or Media.
- Now Open the Extracted folder and double Click the ‘run.bat’ file then press any key to start the process.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process and after the reboot unplug your device.
Now Download Root Checker app from Play Store and check, whether your device is rooted or not.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016