LG recently rolled out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for it’s Optimus G Pro. In case you own this device and you also have updated to the latest and greatest version of Android available for this device, you may want to root it now and enhance the capabilities of your device by using root applications. We’ve found a very nice tool, that will help you to root your LG Optimus G Pro in just one click, all you need is, follow this guide carefully and get it done successfully.
Before we head towards the working and functionality of this tool, let’s have a look on a brief intro of the root access in order to clear any confusions that the newbies may have regarding root privileges.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom tweaks. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
- This method is only on for LG Optimus G Pro, for the variants listed below. Do not try this on any other device as it may result in bricking it.
- You must have installed LG USB drivers.
- Your device must be charged at least 80%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. You can turn on developer options by tapping build number 7 times in about device, and after that enable USB debugging.
- Enable Flight Mode on your LG G3, Verizon LG G3 users should use Ethernet mode instead.
- Remove any PIN/Pattern lock from your LG G3, change the screen on time to 4 – 5 minutes from display settings.
- Use only on OEM datacable to establish connection between your PC and your phone.
- Disable any anti-virus / firewalls if activated on your PC.
- Make sure that your PC / Laptop has appropriate power connection or battery.
How to Root LG Optimus G Pro running KitKat:
- Download roottool.kitkat.zip file and extract it on your desktop.
- Connect your LG Optimus G Pro to your PC.
- Now open the file “Startroot.bat” from the roottool.kitkat.zip that you extracted.
- Once opened, press any key, it will quickly reboot your Optimus G Pro into recovery mode.
- Now in recovery, select “Sideload” using volume up and down keys and pressing the power key.
- Once selected “Sideload”, now select Install Zip > Chose Zip > Root.zip from the sideload.
- Let it flash root.zip file now, wait till it ends.
- Once done, go back to the main menu in recovery and select “reboot”.
- Once your device has booted up, open Google Play Store now and install SuperSu.
- You can now enjoy root privileges on your device. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017