The well known Laptop manufacturer Lenovo has also pulled out some Android devices and IdeaPhone K860 is one of those. A 5 inches display device with 294 ppi powered up with 1.4 GHz Exynos 4412 Quad Core CPU, Mali-400MP GPU and a RAM of 1 GBs. Lenovo IdeaPhone K860 runs on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box.
While the device is not so popular, it may be hard to find development threads for this and go beyond the boundaries. To do anything out of bounds, you definitely need root access. In case you ended up finding no method and came here afterwards, you spotted the right place as in the following post we are going to have a look on a method that will guide you to root your Lenovo IdeaPhone K860/K860i.
Before we head towards the rooting process, let’s have a look over a brief intro of root access and why you should root your Android smartphone.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some important instructions to follow before you root your device:
- This guide is only for Lenovo IdeaPhone K860/K860i. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device model underSettings > About device first and only then proceed.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Proceed at your own risk. Read each and everything carefully.
How to Root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860/K860i:
Rooting this phone is quiet simple and requires a few taps only. Thanks to XDA-Senior member Alephzain for developing Framaroot that has made it easy to root Lenovo IdeaPhone K860/K860i.
- Download: Framaroot APK v1.9.1
- Download the APK file and place it on your phone.
- Run the APK file, allow unknown sources if asked.
- Open Framaroot from App Drawer.
- Select Install SuperSu.
- Select (Sam, Frodo, Legolas or Aragorn) Exploit.
- Follow the onscreen instructions!
- Complete the process.
- Phewww! You’re rooted now! Enjoy
- You can also unroot your device using the same application.
This surely is developer’s hardwork and if you’re really happy with such easy rooting method, please consider donating by purchasing his app here.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017