Samsung – the world’s best smartphone selling brand is the one, which will allow you to find a Galaxy device in any price range, and somehow allow you to enjoy a lot of things even if its not a high end Android smartphone, and as the people say ”Samsung has more galaxies then on the sky” jk :D. Samsung recently brought up Samsung Galaxy Star– a low end Android smartphone featuring a 3.0-inch screen with 133 ppi, 1 GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal storage memory, while it also supports microSD card up to 32 GB. The device has got a 2 MP camera at the back and runs on Android 4.1.2 out of the box.
Getting back to the topic, many of the Galaxy Star owners might be wondering about playing with their device beyond the boundaries, and trying to find out the root methods for their device or flash custom roms, mods and other stuff, the good news came from the xda-developers as usual as the development thread for Samsung Galaxy Star has been opened. Method to root your Samsung Galaxy Star is here now along with the method to install CWM recovery.
Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
Also please keep in mind that rooting your Samsung Galaxy Star will void its warranty and raise the binary counter. Make sure that everything you do, you are doing it at your own risk. The method explained below works for both Galaxy Star S5282 and S5280.
Things you need to download:
- Download Odin PC and unzip it. – Get it Here
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers – Get Here
- Download [CWM] Reovery.tar.zip – HERE.
- Download SuperSU.zip – HERE
How to Install ClcokworkMod(CWM) Recovery:
- Open Odin
- Put your phone in download mode. In order to do so turn it off by pressing power key for a few seconds or by pulling out the battery, wait for 30 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, as soon as it shows you the warning press Volume Up to continue. You are in the download mode now.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the standard USB cable, the ID:COM box should turn blue or yellow as soon as your phone is detected.
- Hit the PDA tab, and select the file that you downloaded recovery.tar.zip file. Follow the instructions explained in the image below, also make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown below.
- Hit start, and wait for the process to get finished. Your device will restart now and you’ve successfully installed the ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Star.
- To access CWM recovery, press and hold Volume Up + Home button + Power key. Your device should boot now into cwm recovery.
How to Root your Samsung Galaxy Star:
- Place the dowloaded SuperSu.zip file on your device’s Sdcard.
- Boot into cwm recovery, in order to do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home button + Power key. Your device should boot now into cwm recovery.
- Select ”flash zip via recovery” and select the SuperSu.zip file that you placed on your Sdcard.
- It will quickly flash the SuperSu file and you’ve the root access now. Reboot your device and find SuperSu in the app drawer, you may want to update it via Play Store now.
Now wondering what to do with your rooted phone?
Here’s the answer for you!
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms through the cwm recovery.
How to keep Root after OTA Updates
The OTA updates rolled out by the manufacturers wipe the root access on your phone. In case you don’t know how you can restore the root access after OTA update, you’ll have to root your phone once again, but there is no need to do it as you can restore it using the OTA Rootkeeper App which is available in the Google Play Store. The app creates backup of your root and simply restores it after any OTA update.
That’s all! We hope that the method worked well for you, in case you face any difficulties, feel free to leave us a comment. Thank You
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Soul Knight for PC (Windows and Mac) - February 26, 2017
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017