Huawei’s Ascend series has helped it to win a lot of users. Ascend Mate stands significantly between the Tablets and Phablets of Smartphone Giants and sports some really nice hardware specs. Huawei has used a 6.1 inches IPS LCD with 242 ppi on the front and powered up the device with 1.5 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 accompanied by a RAM of 2 GBs. An 8 MP camera sensor is installed on the back a 1 MP on the front for video calling. Ascend Mate runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box and the device is also upgradable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
What’s good about these smartphone is, since the Chinese manufacturers have started reaching out other regions in the world, the development has also begun for these smartphones and there is quite a lot stuff to play with, but to unleash the true power of any Android device you need to gain the root access first and then go beyond it’s boundaries. Huawei Ascend Mate surely is a popular device now and is owned by many, some of the users may be looking out there to root this device. If you’re one of those and looking for any such method for your device, you’re on the right spot at the moment.
In the following post we’re going to have a look on a method that will guide you to root Huawei Ascend Mate. Before we begin, let’s have a look on a brief intro about what is root access and why you should root your device.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Customrecovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some important instructions to follow before you root your device:
- This guide is only for Huawei Ascend Mate. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device model underSettings > About device first and only then proceed.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Proceed at your own risk. Read each and everything carefully.
How to Root Huawei Ascend Mate:
Rooting this phone is quiet simple and requires a few taps only. Thanks to XDA-Senior member Alephzain for developing Framaroot that has made it easy to root Huawei Ascend Mate.
- Download: Framaroot APK v1.9.1
- Download the APK file and place it on your phone.
- Run the APK file, allow unknown sources if asked.
- Open Framaroot from App Drawer.
- Select Install SuperSu.
- Select Pippin Exploit.
- Follow the onscreen instructions!
- Complete the process.
- Phewww! You’re rooted now! Enjoy
- You can also unroot your device using the same application.
This surely is developer’s hardwork and if you’re really happy with such easy rooting method, please consider donating by purchasing his app here.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017