HTC Evo 4G has an issue when it comes to connectivity, it keeps showing that you are connected to a 4G Network, even if you are connected to 3G or 2G network. This issue is one of the many things you can solve just by Rooting your device. Rooting allows you to get full control over the Software of your device. There is no limit what you can do, once you root your device. You can install Network mods to cover this issue. But how to Root it, First you need to Unlock the Bootloader, then install a Custom Recovery then push the Super SU binaries in your device, hence rooting it.
In this Article, we will show you How To Root HTC Evo 4G LTE and Install Custom Recovery. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked. HOW? Follow the link
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC Evo 4G.
How To Root HTC Evo 4G LTE and Install Custom Recovery.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Download TWRP Recovery, your device is the last one in the list.
- Download Super SU
- Copy the Recovery to the root of your Sd card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until the Soft Keys blinks for 6 times then Loose the Power Button but keep pressing Volume Down button.
- Bootloader will refresh and it will detect the Recovery, Press the Volume Up to start the Installation.
- After the Process is done, on Phone Select Reboot Bootloader.
- Now select Recovery from Bootloader.
- Once the Recovery is Open, select the following.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016