Galaxy S5 was rooted a long time ago, and it looks like the Prime version of Galaxy S5 wasn’t getting in the list of Rooted devices, although there are those who rooted it yet don’t want to share the rooting methods, because of any reason. However, Chainfire, in such matters is different, the developer behind the Super SU, the most famous tool to root the Android devices. CF-Auto Root is another tool released by Chainfire, which was there for Galaxy Not 4 and now Galaxy S5 Prime has it turn to be rooted by CF-Auto Root.The Galaxy S5 Prime is the revamped version of Galaxy S5, however, packed with more Powerful features. Galaxy S5 has Full HD display, which was updated in Galaxy S5 Prime as Vibrant Quad HD Resolution and more features are also added in it.
The device is not in the hands of Public yet, but its rooting method is now available, the same thing happened with LG G3. CF-Auto Root is available for Galaxy S5 Prime and the models supported by this tool are G906L,G906S & G906K. For those who are not familiar with the CF-Auto Root method, it is a simple One Click Root Mod, which will root your device without any problem or Special Skills. Without further ado, let’s continue.
1. This guide is only for Galaxy S5 Prime(G906L,G906S & G906K)!
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM data-cable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. Also, clean install is always recommended, that means you will probably have to wipe your device to install the new firmware. So, you may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
How To Root Galaxy S5 Prime With CF-Auto Root
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers .
- Download and extract CF-Auto Root file: G906K | G906L | G906S
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy S5 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the .tar.md5 file or .tar file, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot, as soon as it reboots check for Super User app
- That’s all!
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016