Galaxy Note 5 is undoubtedly the best Note phablet produced by Samsung. Note 5’s significance increased after the Note 7 fiasco. Samsung has been doing its best to keep the Note 5 users entertained. Just yesterday, the Note 5 in Turkey started receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat update.
Android 7.0 Nougat update brings a lot of new features on the phone. If you had your Galaxy Note 5 N920C rooted previously and have lost the root access after flashing the Android Nougat, you may be in need of a new method to root your Note 5.
Luckily, a method to root Galaxy Note 5 on Android Nougat is already out. You can use the same old traditional method which included flashing a custom recovery and then the SuperSU file. The SuperSU has been modified by our friend Dr.Ketan. Modification was done only in order to make the SuperSU compatible with the Galaxy Note 5 on Android 7.0 Nougat.
With having your Galaxy Note 5 rooted on Android 7.0 Nougat, you can once again bring all the root applicatoins, new features, customisations and tweaks to your Galaxy Note 5. The method is fairly simple. It involves the usage of Samsung’s Odin flashtool. If you are willing to get it done, then go ahead to apply the method to root Galaxy Note 5 on Android Nougat.
- This guide is only for Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy Note 5 running Android 7.0 Nougat Do not try this on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50%.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your PC and your phone.
- Backup your important data as a safety measure. Use the backup guides linked below.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY AND ROOTING THE DEVICE VOID ITS WARRANTY. IN CASE OF A MISHAP, TECHBEASTS OR SAMSUNG MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING EVERYTHING AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITH YOUR FULL UNDERSTANDING.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and extract Odin 3.12.3.
- Download TWRP Recovery file for SM-N920C, SM-N920CD, SM-N920G, SM-N920I: twrp-3.1.0-0-noblelte.img.tar
- Download SuperSU.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
How to Root Galaxy Note 5 on Android Nougat
- Open Odin3 V3.12.3.exe that you extracted on your PC.
- Enable OEM Unlock on your Note 5. To do so on your phone, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times to enable developer options. Get back to the settings and open developer options. Under developer options turn on “OEM unlock.“
- Put your Note 5 in download mode now. To do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key. Once your phone boots up, press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC now. The ID:COM box in the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue. This indicates that your phone is connected properly.
- Now click the “AP” tab in Odin and select the TWRP recovery.img.tar file that you downloaded. It will take a second or two for Odin3 to load this file.
- Make sure that your Odin3 looks like this. The only option ticked should be F. Reset Time.
- Now you’re all set to flash the recovery. Just click the start button in Odin3 and sit back.
- Once the process box above ID:COM box shows green light and flashing process is finished, disconnect your device.
- Without rebooting the device, we have to boot into TWRP recovery now. To do this, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power key on your device, as soon as the screen goes black, immediately switch the key from Volume Down to Volume Up while having the Power + Home Key pressed. This will take you to the TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, Swipe to allow modifications and then tap “Install > Locate the SuperSU.zip file > Select this file > Swipe to confirm flash > flash it”.
- Once SuperSU.zip file flashing ends, reboot your device into system.
- As it boots up, checkout the SuperSu in application drawer. Also install BusyBox from Play Store.
- Verify root access using Root Checker.
- That’s all. You’re now set to unleash the open source nature of Android.
Stuck with anything? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017