Have you just updated your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat and looking for a method to root it? Well, you’re on the right place at the moment. We will root the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware in the following post. All you got to do is to move a little forward with us and keep patience.
While some of you might be new to rooting and flashing a custom recovery and may also not be familiar what these things actually do and why you should root your device and get a custom recovery as well, so to make the things more clear, let’s first go through a brief description of both the things.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some instructions that you must follow in order to gain root access on your Galaxy Note 3 Exynos SM-N900:
- This guide is only for Galaxy Note 3 Exynos SM-N900. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- ake sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Your device must be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Alright! Go ahead, follow this guide to the letter.
Make sure that you read all the instructions above carefully and let’s move forward to the rooting guide.
Root Galaxy Note 3 Running Android 4.4.2 – Method 1:
Files you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download & Unzip Cf Auto Root Package file once on your desktop
How to Root now:
- Put your GN3 SM-N900 in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the CF-autoroot file that you extracted above.
- Your Odin screen should look like exactly as shown below.
- Click Start and the root process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.
- The process is quite fast and will finish in a few seconds, as soon as it ends, your phone will restart and you’ll see the CF Auto root installing SuperSu on your phone.
- Congratulations you have your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 rooted now!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, goto Google Play Store.
- Fine “Root Checker“ and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
In case this method to root your Note 3 didn’t work for you, head towards the method 2 on the 2nd page.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017