Are you a Galaxy Ace owner and looking for a way to root your device? Well, no need to worry at all as in the following post we will be having a look on a method to root Galaxy Ace S5830 and S5830i. You will need to follow the instructions to the letter in order to get it done successfully.
Some of you may be new to rooting, in case you don’t know what is root access and why you should root your device, let’s first have a look on a little intro to root access and then move forward to the rooting guide for both the variants of Galaxy Ace.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are the important instructions and pre-requisites that you must keep in mind before rooting your device:
- This guide is only for Galaxy Ace S5830 and S5830i. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- ake sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Follow this guide carefully. Do not go ahead if you don’t know what you’re going to do.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to Root Galaxy Ace S5830 or S5830i:
Download the Root.zip file for your device:
- Download the file for your device carefully and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode on your device. To do so, turn off your phone completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery interface now.
- Now select “Apply Update.zip or Install Update.zip from SD card”.
- Select the RootPackage.zip file that you placed on your phone’s SD card.
- Install the file.
- Reboot your device.
- Find the SuperSu app installed in your App drawer.
- That’s all.
Don’t forget to check out: How To Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Ace S5830/S5830i
That’s all with installing CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace. In case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, do not hesitate to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017