Samsung launched a series of metallic smartphones a few months back. Galaxy A5 is one of those smartphones, it’s a mid-ranger with a very slim body and a great design. As mentioned, it’s all metallic. Samsung launched these devices to help its drowning boat of market shares, it did win Samsung some respect for bringing up something different and unique. Galaxy A5 has got some nice specifications. On the front we have a 5.0 inch 720p screen. A 5 MP shooter is fixed on the front for cool selfies. A 13 MP shooter is fixed at the back. Samsung used Qulacomm’s Snapdragon 410 Quad Core CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz to power this device up. A RAM of 2 GB’s can be found inside as well. A 2300 mAh is there, internal storage begins at 16 GB accompanied by an external SD card slot. Out of the box, it runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Nice specifications, aren’t they? Well, if you’re planning to get your hands on this beautiful beast, you sure would like to go ahead unleashing the true power of your device and add some charm to its functionality by applying some tweaks and MODs.
To begin with all the out-of-boundaries stuff, the very first thing you need is, you need to gain the root access in order take the entire control over your device. Rooting your device well let you install various applications on it, which cannot be installed on a non-rooted device. The functionality of those applications will help you to get the maximum out of your device by making performance tweaks and customize your device the way you wish. To root the Galaxy A500, famous developer Chainfire has already released his popular CF Auto Root script that roots a lot of Galaxy devices with the help of Samsung’s flash tool Odin3. If you just came here finding a way to root your Galaxy A5, you need to move forward with us in order to learn how you can root your Galaxy A5 A5000, A5009, A500G & A500H using Chainfire’s CF Autroot in Odin3. Make sure that you follow the guide carefully, let’s go through the early preparations now.
1. This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy A5, the variants listed above.
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM datacable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
5. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired recovery or root file. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. If your device comes with a Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it again. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Root Galaxy A5 A5000, A5009, A500G & A500H Using CF-Autoroot
- Extract the downloaded CF-Auto-Root file once only to get the .tar.md5 file.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy A5 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and
holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the CF-Auto-Root.tar.md5, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the rooting process is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Find SuperSu in app drawer now.
- That’s all with the rooting, let’s verify the root access now.
How To Verify Root Access:
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Galaxy A5.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
If you’re stuck with anything regarding this guide, feel free to utilize the comment box below and reach us. We will get back to you immediately. Thank you all.
Credits: Chainfire XDA
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017