Rooting an Android device is the gateway to unleash the awesomeness and extreme power on your device. Android is a Linux-based OS, so with a little bit of tweaking, you can access the root privileges on your device. This process is called ‘Rooting’, which is basically an exploit to unlock all the barriers that are placed between you and the super user (root user). Once you have the root privileges on your device, you can access and modify system files and code at your will. Of course, as you can imagine, it’s a time bomb if you don’t know how to handle it.
Usually, rooting is a complex task to achieve and takes some hectic turns on the way. However, many developers have tried and brought One-Click root tools into play, that too without the use of a PC. We have many methods to root Android devices with PC, but there are quite a few options to Root any Android device without a PC. With these tools, you can root your device on-the-go. Today, we will see various root tools that can root your Android device without the need of a PC.
Prepare your Device
Before your begin with rooting your Android device, follow the below checklist to ensure a smooth process.
- Charge your phone battery to at least 50%
- Enable Unknown Sources from Settings » Security » Unknown Sources.
- Make sure to take proper backups of your device before proceeding with the rooting guide.
How to Root any Android Device without a PC/ Computer
We have picked several apps and tools that will root your Android devices without the need of a computer. Choose the method that fits you the best.
Framaroot is the best app which supports a wide range of Android devices running on various OS versions. Rooting with Framaroot is as easy as Open » Choose Exploit » Done. There is a huge success rate of rooting with this app and many Android users have reported it’s easy and safe.
So, here’s how to root your device with Framaroot app.
- Download Framaroot: Link
- Using any File manager, install the APK file.
- Launch the app drawer and open the framaroot app.
- Now select Superuser or Super SU upon your choice.
- Select the Exploit and the process will begin.
- Once done, reboot your device.
You can also checkout our complete Framaroot guide.
KingRoot tool is another One-Click Root tool that can possibly root your device without breaking a sweat. This tool is known to root a huge number of devices including the latest Galaxy S6 and other flagship devices. So, let’s see how to root your device with KingRoot app without using PC.
- Download the Kingroot mobile app: Link | Link
- Open the File manager, and click on the downloaded APK file to install the app.
- Launch the app drawer and open the Kingroot app.
- The Kingroot app will do the rest and you just need to wait patiently until everything completes.
Here’s our extensive KingRoot guide.
3. iRoot App
iRoot is another one-click Android app which you can use for rooting your Android device without a PC. Similar to the above apps, the iRoot app also supports a good number of Android devices including Samsung, Sony etc… You can root and unroot your device with one-click using this app. So, follow the below procedure to root your device with the iRoot app.
- Download the iRoot mobile app: Link
- Open the File manager, extract the APK and install the app.
- Launch the app drawer and open the iRoot app.
- Click on the Root button and the app does the rest.
4. Towel Root
Towel Root is a universal root tool which mostly supports Samsung devices and can root your Samsung device without voiding Knox security flag. It’s also a simple one-click root tool and all you need to do is to download the APK from below, install it and click the make it ra1n button to root your device.
- Download the latest Towelroot app from here by clicking the Lambda symbol.
- Open the File manager, navigate to the downloaded app and install it.
- Now launch Towelroot app and tap make it ra1n button to root your phone.
- Your phone should reboot automatically.
- Once the device is powered ON, download the latest SuperSU app from Google Play Store and install it.
Here’s our complete TowelRoot guide.
5. Genius Root
Genius Root is yet another rooting app that allows the users to root their device in one-click. It supports over 10,000 Android devices including the latest flagship devices and OS versions. All you need to do is to download the latest Genius root app, install it and follow the on-screen instructions to root your devices.
- Download the APK file directly to your phone or copy it to your phone from your PC.
- Locate the APK file in your phone using a file manager and install it.
- Now open the installed Root Genius from App drawer.
- Follow on-screen instructions to root your Android smartphone now.
Here’s our complete Genius Root guide.
So, that’s it. Let us know which method helped you to root your device in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Naveen Robsworth (see all)
- How To Flash Nexus Factory Images Manually - March 14, 2016
- Tips to take Better Photos with your Smartphone - March 10, 2016
- Here are Some New Features on WhatsApp you Must Know - March 6, 2016