HTC One M8 is the latest Flagship released by HTC and unlike Samsung Galaxy S5 the rooting method of HTC One M8 is already on the Web. The method is separate for both TWRP Recovery and Rooting HTC One M8, this is not an all in one Root toolkit of Auto-Root method. Thanks to XDA member mike1986, we are providing you the rooting tutorial of HTC One M8, mike has ported the latest TWRP from M7 and made a Flashable zip file of Super SU apk and Binaries.Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
In this Article, we will show you How To Root and Install CWM Recovery On HTC One M8. But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One M8.
- Do-not try it on HTC One M7.
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: Follow Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Smartphones.
- Make Sure Fastboot Is Configured: How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Download TWRP Image: Link
Download Super SU: Link (Android_Revolution_HD_Root_and_BusyBox.zip)
How To Install TWRP Recovery On HTC One M8
- Copy the TWRP Image in the Fastboot folder.
- Go To Phone Settings and Disable Fastboot in Power Options.
- Turn Off the Device.
- Turn off your phone and open HBOOT mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Fastboot in the Menu
- Connect your Device With PC.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder .
- Type in the Following Command one after the Other:
- fastboot erase cache
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-m8.img
- fastboot reboot
- Your device will Now Reboot and TWRP Will be installed on your device.
How To Root HTC One M8
- Copy the Super SU.zip files to the Root of your Device Sdcard.
- Turn Off your device.
- Turn off your phone and open HBOOT mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Recovery in the Menu
- Tap On Install and Select the Super SU File and slide the button to start the process.
- Once done go back to TWRP Recovery and Reboot the Device.
After a Successful reboot, Download Root Checker app to Verify Root Access.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016