Now, I can assure that you won’t be able to find much about HTC One SV, especially about rooting and Custom recovery. They will only give you the One click Root method which doesn’t work at all, while Framaroot on the other hand also gives up in such cases. All that left now, is to do everything manually which simply means finding and installing/flashing all on your own. What you need now is a Flashable SuperSU.zip file and CWM recovery image file. Since, HTC has officially stated that they won’t release Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for HTC One SV. To directly jump for Android 4.4.2 whose update, which you can get from Custom ROMS only, also we will be keeping you updated with that too, till then just root your device and install custom recovery on it.
Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life. You might need to delete some Stock apps from the device as well which a non-rooted device can’t do, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too. In this Article, we will show you How To Root and Install CWM Recovery On HTC One SV.
But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One SV
- Do-not try this tutorial on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: Link
- Fastboot/ADB Must be configured: Link
Download CWM Recovery: Link
Download Super SU: Link
How To Install CWM Recovery On HTC One SV
- Download the CWM Recovery Image and paste it in the Fastboot folder
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder. How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Device with PC.
- Enter adb reboot bootloader and press Enter, now your device is in Fastboot/Bootloader Mode
- Now Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash the CWM Recovery on your device
- Type fastboot reboot, to reboot your device
- After a proper reboot, your device will be running CWM Recovery
How To Root HTC One SV
- Download and Copy the Super SU to the Root of your SDcard.
- Connect your Device to PC
- In Command Window, type: adb reboot recovery, to boot your device in recovery mode
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from SDcard’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That’s it! your HTC One SV has been Rooted. Download any Root Checker app or See Super SU in app Drawer to Verify root access.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Happy New Year HD Wallpapers Free Download – 2017 - December 2, 2016
- How To Disable Narrator Voice Windows 10-8-7 - December 2, 2016
- Happy new year 2017 wallpapers HD desktop background free download - December 1, 2016