Earlier today, we posted a method to install CWM recovery on Alcatel One Touch M’Pop. Some users also requested us to post the rooting guide for Alcatel One Touch M’Pop on our site, so as we’ve found the method we are going to explain it right here for all M’Pop 5020 owners.
While some of you may be new to rooting and flashing custom recoveries, you may want to know a little about both these. Let’s go through a quick intro to root access and custom recovery before we head towards the method to root your device.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Pre-requisites and important instructions:
- his guide is only for Samsung Alcatel One Touch M’Pop 5020D/E/W. Check your device’s model number in Settings > More > About Device.
- Download the file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
Download files for rooting your device:
How to Root Alcatel One Touch M’Pop 5020X:
- Your device must have a CWM Recovery installed. Install it from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC after installing CWM Recovery and copy the downloaded SU-BusyBox-Installer.zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect your phone and boot into CWM on your phone now. To do so, turn it off completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power Key. You should see the CWM Recovery interface now. You can use Volume Up, Down and Power Button to move through and make selections in CWM.
- Select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD Card > Select the downloaded SU-BusyBox-Installer.zip > Yes” and flash the file.
- Once flashed, reboot your device.
- Find SuperSu in app drawer.
- Phewwww! You’re rooted now.
- If you wish to unroot your phone, flash SU-BusyBox-Unisntaller.zip file in the same way you flashed the SU-BusyBox-Installer.zip file to root your phone.
That’s All. In case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to contact us through the comment box below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks All.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017