OnePlus One is no doubt a Flagship killer device, however, getting it is also a killer thing, to make sure that fewer people get their hands on it, and also OnePlus force people to give out some charity and attend their events for more Publicity, they make sure that the invitation to get the OnePlus One is available only when you attend their event or someone else who has attend the even can get the devices for you, the whole process is not complicated, however, a lengthy one. All the details are available on their official site, do visit, our job here is to make sure that your OnePlus One remains great till end, not how you can purchase it. Since we posted the Rooting method and Custom Recoveries for this device, we can assume that those who got their hands on it, must have rooted it and flashed Custom Recovery on it, now most probably they must have been looking for a way to restore it, as every Android users looks for after making a lot of Customizations.
Most of the time, restoring the devices to Stock is quite time consuming and difficult job, especially if you own a Nexus device or Motorola Device, it is quite hell of a job to Restore them, as you have to Give the commands to do so, however, Samsung and LG are easy they have tools to do so, So is the OnePlus One, all you need is to download and Start the Program, everything will be done without any problem. Without further ado, let’s continue.
1. This is only for OnePlus Ons!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.N
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
- Also Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is OnePlus in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In the case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
How To Restore OnePlus One:
- First make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Now Extract the Firmware files to the Fastboot folder.
- Now You’ll see Two files:
- flash-all.bat (Windows)
- flash-all.sh (Linux)
- Reboot your device to Fastboot mode and Connect it to PC.
- Now Double-click the Flash-all file according to the OS or System you have.
- The process will start and once it is over, your device will reboot.
- Now everything will be back to stock, even the Bootloader will be Locked.
How To Get Rid of Unauthorized Flash Warning:
- On the Process of Unlocking the bootloader, you will keep getting a warning about an unauthorized flash.
- To get rid of this Problem, We need to Restore the Flag Bits as well.
- First of all, You need to install either CWM or TWRP Recovery (rooting process included)
- Now Copy the Boot Unlocker.zip to the root of your Sdcard.
- Boot into recovery and Flash it from there.
- Reboot the device.
- Enjoy your Completely stock OnePlus One
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016