There are fewer chances that a users might want to go back to the Stock ROM, simply because the Stock ROMs are not that good as compared to the Custom Ones. However, if you want to sell your device then as most Buyers prefer to get their hands on the Stock ROM, just so they can feel a little safe, you need to restore your device to Stock Firmware, and if installing a custom ROM is easy then installing the stock firmware is as difficult. Cause Custom ROMs are common and available everywhere, where instead of Samsung, every other OEM doesn’t provide much support, instead of a PC Suite to do everything for you, you need to do it manually by using command prompt and executing commands in fastboot mode.
Moto X 2014 has recently received the OTA update of Android 5.0 Lollipop and the very first requirement of installing OTA updates is that your device mush be stock and from zeal to zest. In that article,we weren’t able to provide the Stock Firmware, instead we are making a whole new tutorial on it, so that you people can restore your device to stock easily, rather than that, you also need to restore your device to stock if it is bricked or even worst. Today we will show you How To Restore Moto X 2014 to Stock Firmware which is Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, we will provide you the next update too which is the KXB21.85-23 build number, without further ado, let us continue.
1. This is only for Moto X 2014!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Back-up your Device Modem too (Important) using DD command.
4. Configure Fastboot and ADB
Since all the commands needed to be done using fastboot, you’ll need to install and Configure fastboot on your device, Link
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Motorola in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat KXB21.85-23 Build: Link
How To Restore Moto X 2014:
- Download the mfastboot-v2 and also the Stock ROM.
- Extract the Stock ROM in the mfastboot folder.
- Connect your device with PC and open command prompt in fastboot folder and type: adb reboot bootloader
- Once the Bootloader mode, Open command prompt in mfastboot-v2 folder.
- If you wish to re-lock the bootl0ader, type: mfastboot.exe oem lock begin
- Now Type and Execute the Commands one-by-one:
- mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
- mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
- mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
- mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
- mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
- mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
- mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
- mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
- mfastboot.exe erase modemst1
- mfastboot.exe erase modemst2
- mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
- mfastboot.exe erase cache
- mfastboot.exe erase userdata
- Now Type: mfastboot.exe oem lock
- Once all commands are execute, type: mfastboot.exe reboot
- Voila! your Moto X 2014 has been booted to Stock Firmware.
Update to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat KXB21.85-23 Build:
- Download this build firmware.
- Copy it to the root of your sdcard.
- Boot to Stock recovery, from bootloader, press Volume Down and Volume Up to boot into recovery.
- Or Connect your device with PC and open command prompt in fastboot folder and type: adb reboot recovery
- Select Appy Update From Sd and Choose the Download package
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016