Samsung’s very first smartwatch, the Galaxy Gear runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The only reason behind the charm of the Galaxy Gear is the Android operating system, world most widely used, open source and fully customizable operating system that ever popped up. Although Samsung plugged in few limitations on the Galaxy Gear, but all these limitations get fainted when you know that the developers around can do anything with this operating system.
Custom ROMs, Custom Recovery and other tweaks/mods are already up for the Galaxy Gear 1 (SM-V700) and you can easily go beyond the boundaries on this little gadget but while you tweak it, you may keep one thing in mind and that is the chance of getting it bricked. Android devices easily get soft-bricked when we try to flash any custom ROMs or any such thing, the only possible way to get the device back to life is to flash a stock firmware or flash a Nandroid backup using a custom recovery, sometimes a factory data reset is enough to get you out of the bootloops or unstuck the boot screen, but most probably a stock firmware will be able to help you in this case. If you’re facing such an issue with your Galaxy Gear SM-V700 and you’re looking for a guide to help you with the stock firmware restore or installation, then this post is definitely for you. In the following post we will be install stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy Gear. All you need to do is, move a little forward with us and follow this step by step guide carefully.
Pre-Installation Instructions & tips:
- This firmware/guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-V700. Do not try this on any other device. To check your device’s model number, swipe through the right on your Galaxy Gear and tap on Settings > About Gear > Model Number.
- Make sure that your Galaxy Gear is charged enough, at least 80% so that the installation process doesn’t get interrupted.
- Make sure that the laptop/computer you’re using has enough battery or appropriate power connection to complete the installation process.
- Take a backup of images/videos stored on your Galaxy Gear. Use our guide to do so.
- You need a datacable to connect your Galaxy Gear to your PC. Use any of your Samsung device’s datacable for the purpose.
- Your Galaxy Gear’s cradle should be perfectly working.
- The following firmware is completely stock/official. It won’t cause any harm to your device.
- Follow this guide carefully to avoid any mishap.
Here are the firmware details:
- Device Name: Galaxy Gear
- Model Number: SM-V700
- Version: V700XXUBNC1
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Build Date: 17.03.2014
- Changelist: 2373480
- Region: ITV (Italy)
Required Programs & Files:
How To Install the Firmware on Galaxy Gear:
- Download the firmware file and extract it, you will get a .tar.md5 file.
- Run Odin3.exe file from the Odin extracted folder.
- Put your Galaxy Gear in download mode now. In order to do so, turn it off completely, now turn it on and as soon as you see the Galaxy Gear logo, press the power key quickly for 5-6 times and you should be able to see the download mode. Or else try the universal Android ADB & Fastboot method from this guide.
- Once in download mode, insert your Galaxy Gear in it’s cradle and connect it to your PC using your Samsung device’s datacable.
- As soon as your PC detects your Gear, the ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now or yellow depending on your Odin version.
- The only options selected in your Odin3 should be F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Make sure that all other options are unchecked/unticked.
- Now in Odin, click on PDA/AP tab and select the .tar.md5 file that you extracted from the firmware.zip file.
- It will take a while to load the firmware package in Odin, you might notice Odin getting hanged, wait a few seconds while it loads.
- As soon as the firmware has loaded, click on the “Start” button in Odin in order to install the firmware.
- Wait till the firmware completely gets flashed, as soon as it’s done, your Gear will reboot.
- Once rebooted, it will complete the initial process and then take you to your newly installed firmware screen.
- That’s All!
Check out our Galaxy Gear Hub to explore more about Gear’s tweaks and other stuff available around.
That’s all with the Stock Firmware installation on your Galaxy Gear. In case you got any queries or you face any difficulties with the installation, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017