I just got my hands on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the very first thing that I did was to root the phone and start tinkering it. I had no plans to get my hands on the Galaxy S7 Edge, but because of the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco, I decided to wait and got the S7 Edge for a while to replace my Galaxy Note 5. After finding no custom ROM that would fulfil all my needs, I stumbled upon the Xposed Framework for the Galaxy S7 Edge and installed it. With the help of Xposed Framework, you can turn your Galaxy S7 or the Galaxy S7 Edge into a beast.
There is a number of cool modules such as playing Youtube in the background, changing the 4G icon to LTE in the status bar, displaying the data usage in status bar or in the notification panel, adding more toggles to the screen instead of just 5, and much more. The coolest module that I came across was Xtouchwiz. To be honest, this is the only module that you are going to need to get everything out of your Galaxy S7 Edge and probably you are not going to look forward to any custom ROM after installing this module.
XTouchWiz has tweaks for your phone’s notification panel, the lockscreen, sound notifications and you can tweak your phone’s system. You can add features like call recording and add call to the existing call, the security hacks are there as well. After giving all the mentioned tweaks a try, I decided to put up the method to install the Xposed Framework on our beloved Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge phones. The method is simple and divided into a few steps, you have to be careful while installing it using the instructions below. Once you have installed it, you are all good to tweak your phone.
How to install Xposed Framework on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge must be rooted and must have a TWRP recovery installed on it. Here’s an easy guide:
- Download the required files for installing Xposed on your Galaxy S7 or S7 Ege.
- for ARM 64 devices: xposed-v86.1-sdk23-arm64-custom-build-by-wanam-20160904.zip
- Xposed uninstaller for ARM 64 devices: xposed-uninstaller-20151116-arm64.zip
- Also download Xposed Installer APK file: XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
- Just in case you wish to uninstall Xposed at a later stage, then download: xposed-uninstaller-20160211.zip
- Now copy both .zip and XposedInstaller APK files to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now boot your phone into recovery mode. The button combination (Vol Up + Power + Home button) to boot into recovery mode varies from device to device, but if you have ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on your PC you can boot into recovery mode using the following command: adb reboot recovery
- Once you’re in recovery, select Install or Install Zip depending on your recovery.
- Locate the xposed-sdk.zip file that you just copied.
- Select the file and flash it following the on-screen instructions.
- Once you’re done flashing, reboot your device.
- Now locate the XposedInstaller APK file using a file manager like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager.
- Install the XposedInstaller APK.
- You will have Xposed Installer in app drawer now.
- Open Xposed Installer now and apply your favourite tweaks from the list of available and working Modules.
- To uninstall Xposed, simply flash xposed-uninstaller.zip file and it will be wiped off from your device.
- That’s all.
Let us know what modules are you going to apply on your Galaxy S7 or the S7 Edge. In case you’re stuck with something, feel free to reach us out through the comment box below. Best of luck 🙂
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017