Less known manufacturers are bringing up great devices packing up top-notch specifications in a very affordable price these days. Yu Televentures (partly owned by Micromax) is one of those manufacturers. Recently Yu came up with its Yu Yuphoria smartphone which offers some worthy specifications. The device sports a 5.0 inch display with 720 x 1280 pixels and 294 ppi. At the back it has an 8 MP shooter and a 5 MP shooter on the front. Yu Yuphoria is powered up with Snapdragon 410 CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz and a RAM of 2 GB. Internal storage is 16 GB, you can also expand this storage with an external SD card. Yu Yuphoria runs on CyanogenMod Android 5.0.2 Lollipop out of the box.
Although this devices runs CyanogenMod, which has a greatly customisable nature, but you may want to enhance your device’ a little bit more. Methods to unlock the bootloader of Yu Yuphoria and also to root this device are available now. If you’re getting your hands on this device and you’re planning explore the real power of this device, you may want to follow this guide as it will teach you how you can unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root your Yu Yuphoria.
- This guide is for Yu Yuphoria only. Do not try this on any other device.
- Charge your phone’s battery up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the rooting process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content as a safety measure.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap build number for 7 times. You will have developer options in settings now. Open developer options and enable USB debugging mode.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Rooting and flashing custom recovery void the warranty of an Android smartphone. In case of a mishap, Techbeasts or Yu may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
Required downloads and installations
- Download and install Universal USB drivers.
- Download and install Android ADB & Fastboot drivers with recovery.img file. Extract this zip file on your desktop.
How To Install Unlock Bootloader & Install TWRP Recovery On Yu Yuphoria
Step#1: Make sure that you’ve enabled USB debugging on your phone.
Step#2: Open developer options from settings and enabled Advanced Reboot.
Step#3: Now press and hold power key, tap reboot device > bootloader in order to reboot your phone in bootloader mode.
Step#4: Having your phone rebooted in bootloader mode, connect to your PC.
Step#5: Open the extracted ADB & Fastboot folder with recovery.img file.
Step#6: From the extracted folder, open “py_cmd.exe” file.
Step#7: Now enter the following commands in the command line.
Step#8: fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem devices
This command will verify your device’s connection with your PC.
Step#9: fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
This command will unlock your device’s bootloader.
Step#10: fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem flash recovery recovery.img
This command will flash TWRP recovery in your device.
Step#11: fastboot reboot
This command will reboot your device from fastboot mode.
That’s all. You’ve unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP recovery. Let’s root the device now.
How To Root Yu Yuphoria
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy it to your phone’s SD card.
- Now press and hold the power key of your device, tap reboot > recovery in order to boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- As your device boots up in TWRP recovery mode, tap Install > Locate SuperSu.zip file and select it. Swipe finger on the icon at the bottom of screen to flash SuperSu.zip.
- Once SuperSu.zip has been flashed, reboot your device.
Find SuperSu app in app drawer. Verify root access using Root Checker application.
That’s all. In case you’re stuck with something, reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S5 via CyanogenMod 14 - October 27, 2016
- Download Facebook Lifestage for PC - October 27, 2016
- Google Now/Google Assistant Voice Commands List - October 27, 2016