We all love to mess around with our devices, installing custom ROMs, tweaks and mods are like an everyday hobby for an active Android user and even if one is not interested in installing such mods and tweaks, yet they end up messing up their device. However, there are some requirements needed in order to get everything done the right way. The very first steps involves rooting the device, in case of no bootloader being separately unlocked by the user, otherwise unlocking bootloader is the first part, then came the rooting and then the Last step, that is flashing the custom recovery.
Samsung Galaxy E7 recently received the update of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and all those who has updated it, probably have lost the Root access and also anything custom installed on it, so once again gather all the necessary things that are being given below to install the Custom recovery again on your device and start messing with it again. However,first of all make sure to root your Samsung Galaxy E7, then all you need to do is to download all the files and to follow the instructions given below to be successful in this process. Let’s go down now and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy E7 E700H & E700F.
1. This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy E7 E700H & E700F
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM data cable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. Also, clean install is always recommended, that means you will probably have to wipe your device to install the new firmware. So, you may backup everything as listed below.
5. Install Samsung USB drivers
In order to be able to establish connection between your PC and your Galaxy S6, you need to have the Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC. You can find all Android USB drivers here on our site.
6. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy E7
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Optional: Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy E7 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the AP tab. Select the recovery.tar.md5, that you downloaded above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the recovery flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the recovery now.
- Once done, enter the recovery mode to confirm the installation.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016