Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 and SM-210R have been update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, the new firmwares pack up so many new features and some great enhancements. If you’re an Android power user and you have a custom recovery and root access on your device, you will simply lose it upon upgrading to the new KitKat firmware and get the recovery and root again, you will need the compatible files. Just in case the fear of losing recovery and root access has been refraining you from update your device to the latest KitKat firmware, you may be able to flash it now and get the freedom back on your device.
Thanks to XDA recognized contributor gr8nole, who compiled up TWRP 2.8 and CWM 18.104.22.168 recoveries to cooperate with KitKat bootloaders on the Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 and SM-T210R. Although the purpose of both these recoveries is same, but differ in the user interface only. TWRP has a pretty much easy user interface while CWM is a bit opposite. You may pick up one according to your liking. We are going to install this TWRP 2.8 and CWM 22.214.171.124 recovery on our beloeved Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 and SM-T210R in the succeeding guide, you just need to follow this guide carefully in order to get it done without any hiccups here and there.
Here are the early preparations
1. This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 & SM-T210R!
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM datacable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
5. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired recovery or root file. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers
- CWM or TWRP Recovery
How To Install TWRP 2.8/CWM 126.96.36.199 Recovery On Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210/T210R
- Download recovery.tar.md5 file from above according to your choice.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Tab 3 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the recovery.tar.md5, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the recovery flashing process is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- you can now boot into the recovery mode using the method explained in step 3, but you will press Volume Up instead of Volume Down key in the combination this time.
- That’s all!
Want to Root your device as well? Here’s the method.
- Download android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip file.
- Copy it to your tab’s sd card.
- Boot your tab in to recovery mode.
- Flash the copied .zip file using Install zip > choose zip from sd card > .zip file > yes.
- As soon as it’s flashed, reboot your tab and find SuperSu in the appas.
- That’s all.
That’s all. Just in case you got any queries, feel free to drop em’ in the comment box below. We will get back to you immediately.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017