Installing / Flashing a stock firmware on Samsung Smartphones powered with Android becomes necessary sometimes, in case of soft brick or if your phone is strucked in the bootloop. One of the advantages of installing a Stock Firmware is that, it clears all the junk from your phone, wipes the root access if you’ve rooted it – in simple words, it unroots your phone. The other big advantage of installing a stock firmware manually is, sometimes the OTA updates take a long time to get rolled out in the specific regions while the firmware files are available over the web, and if you have some know-how about the flashing it manually, you may not need to wait for the OTA updates and flash a firmware in 3-4 minutes using Odin through your PC.
We’ll be having a look on the method to Install a Stock Firmware on your Android powered Samsung Device. Follow the steps explained below to the letter to avoid any mishap and get the stock firmware installed on your device successfully.
Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as wiping the factory data after flashing a stock firmware is a good choice in order to make it new and remove all the junk.
- First of all you need to download the Stock Firmware file for your Android Smartphone.
- Check your device’s model number, to do so head to Settings > About Phone > Model
- Open THIS PAGE and download the latest stock firmware for your device. See the stock rom for your region, if your region is not listed then download any. Region doesn’t really matter, just go with the latest firmware.
- Extract the downloaded zip file on your desktop, it should be in .tar.md5* format. If you get the other files like PIT, CSC and Phone you may use them otherwise you just need to put the MD5 file which has the firmware in the PDA tab in Odin.
- PDA – is the file that contains the firmware for your device.
- Phone – refers to the baseband or the modem of the phone
- PIT – refers to the re-partitioning of your device. The file is not used in most cases, it is only required when you have messed up your phone in a serious way.
- CSC – refers to the settings provided by the carrier or the custom apps.
- Open Odin.
- Put your device in download mode. In order to do so press and hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously until you see the warning to continue. Press Volume Up to continue.
- In case your device doesn’t go into the download mode using this method, search for the method for your device on Google.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the original data cable. As soon as your phone is detected by Odin, the ID:COM box on the top left corner should turn blue or yellow depending upon your Odin version.
- Hit the PDA tab in odin, and select the extracted file that is in [MD5] .tar.md5 format.
- Most probably you have the .tar.md5 only for the PDA tab so make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected in Odin, In case you got the other files like CSC and Phone, put them in their respective tabs.In case you’ve got the PIT file you need to select the re-partition tab as well (remember PIT is only needed in some special cases, ignore this file for normal upgrading / flashing of the stock firmware).
- Hit start – It should take a few seconds while the firmware flashing gets completed.
- As soon as it gets finished, your device will restart. As soon as it restarts, get it into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously. You should get the recovery mode now. Reset Factory Data and Cache here – Restart your phone.
- That’s all! You’ve successfully installed stock / factory firmware on your device and have it in the factory state now. Your device is just like a new device out of the box now.
That’s All! In case you face any problems, feel free to leave us a comment below. We will try our best to help you out. Thank You!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016