As long as I Owned Nexus 5, I was desperately trying to port HTC Sense on it, but I didn’t able to find anything related to it. Even If I didn’t have a Nexus 5, the search was still on and thanks to XDA Member GalaxyUser, who has develop a ROM based on Sense 6.0 for Nexus 5, Since the ROM is in it’s early stages and as he mentioned that this is only for Developers. For Binaries he used AOSP and MaximusHD for Port, this ROM is partially functional, so you have no power to complaint about what is not working, make sure to back-up your current ROM, otherwise you will be crying after any sort of loss.
But if you don’t want to then You can Visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Nexus 5 to NexSense Android 4.4.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from LG, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.Haven’t rooted yet. Follow:Unlock bootloader of Nexus 5 | Root and install CWM recovery on Nexus 5
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install NexSense with Sense 6.0 Android 4.4.2 On LG Nexus 5.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
- Do-not try it on Nexus 4 (Mako)
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: Follow Unlock Bootloader Of Nexus 5
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Nexus Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
What Is Working:
- Internal SDCard
- Sensors (Light/Orientation/Proximity)
What Features Are Showing bugs:
- Sensors (Accelerometer/Gyroscope/Magnetic)
- GPS (Because of sensors)
- Wi-Fi hotspot (?)
- Tell me
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install NexSense Sense 6.0 On LG Nexus 5. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download Android 4.4.2 NexSense : Link | Mirror | Mirror | Mirror
- Download Google Apps (NexSense_Path-GalaxyUser.zip): Link
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Back-up the Current ROM.
- Navigate to Back-up and Restore and Follow the On-Screen Instructions.
- Once the Back-up is done, proceed Below
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 NexSense.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the Installation, go back and Flash NexSense_Path-GalaxyUser.zip.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Back-Up your Current ROM(Optional But Recomended)
- First Tap Back-up and Select System and Data.
- Swipe the Slider To Start the Back-up.
- Once the Process is over, Proceed Below
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2 NexSense and NexSense_Path-GalaxyUser.zip , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your LG Nexus 5 will be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat NexSense V6. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016