For an Android user, and by that means a person who purchased an Android device just because so he can use try different thing on his device, installing different ROMs is one of the best things ever, something that no other Platform has and if they have a chance to install Multiple ROMs on a single device, I don’t think a pure Android users, will let go of such opportunity. Multi-ROM v28 has been released and for those who don’t know what it is, we will tell you. Simply you can install a Single Primary OS on your device, no more than One, however, there are ways that you can crack that code and install more than one ROM on a Single device, however, you’ll be able to use one ROM at a time.
HTC One M8 is HTCs latest Flagship device and have enough potential to Run the Stock ROM without any problem or Lag, unlike Samsung. Multi-ROM is available for HTC One M8, means that you can install more than one ROM on it without any problem, and as I mentioned that it has more than enough power to run more than one ROM on it. However, you need to change a little things for it to install this Multi-ROM mod on it. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this MOD on your HTC One M8 by following our tutorial below. Remember, this is not a ROM, but only a MOD to let you install more than one ROM on HTC One M8.
1. This is only for HTC One M8!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery, whether a TWRP or CWM is required to flash this ROM. You may find Philz Advanced CWM recovery on our site, make sure that you flash this one using the instructions explained in the guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Modified TWRP Recovery: Link
Modified Kernels: Link
How To Install Multi-ROM:
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enabled, go to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Recovery File and Kernel image from the above links.
- Copy and paste both the recovery.img and boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery
- Now Once again, enter bootloader mode.
- Now in command Prompt type: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once again, type: fastboot reboot
- Now wait till it is properly booted up and GO back to Bootloader mode and Choose Recovery
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Multi-ROM.zip, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That’s it, now just wait for tutorials on installing Multi-ROMs on your HTC One M8
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016