For a Nexus device, being a beast in terms of performance is like an ever day job. For past couple of years, we have seen Nexus devices dominating the Mobile industry. However, when it comes to looks and some gimmicks in the device, there is none cause the OS embedded on these devices is based on Pure Android, without any extra apps or stuff, giving you everything in the simplest form. Then those who purchase such device, if start to think that they need some extra stuff in it, they start looking for a custom ROM. A custom ROM which can give them superior performance as well as make the device look a little better than usual. So here we are with Minimal OS, based on Android 6.0.1, providing quite more than the Pure Android looks and better performance.
If you have already updated to Android 6.0.1, you won’t be able to find anything different in terms of features. However, they might be able to work faster than before and compared to Pure Android. This ROM also features some unique cosmetics. The best part is that you can double tap on the Lock screen to open the camera, quite a useful thing for people taking selfies, you can choose the default camera app, if you are using more than one.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on LG Nexus 4 to update it to Minimal OS Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for LG Nexus 4. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your LG Nexus 4.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, Google OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Minimal OS Android 6.0.1 on LG Nexus 4
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Download latest Minimal OS Android 6.0.1.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Minimal OS Android 6.0.1.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once the installation is over, Go back and Flash Googleapps.zip
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016