Nexus 9 is the latest Flagship Tablet release from Google on 29Oct. and it was only Two days after the release, we were able to see the rooting of Nexus 9 from the Legendary Chainfire, it was a matter of time, before we get to see the custom ROMs for Nexus 9, since the device was arrived with Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box, so every ROM made for this device will be based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. The very first ROM arrived for this device is based on AOSP with nothing more than some useful features to the AOSP ROM. If you are looking for a way to customize your device to full extent, then don’t go after this ROM, instead wait for the CM or AOKP or Paranoid ROM. However, if you want to check how Nexus 9 will work with a Custom ROM, then do try this one on your device.
The Build includes all the Google Apps and Services, most of them are 32-bit since the native libraries are based on 32-bit and can only be flashed via fastboot, since there is no Custom Recovery available yet. More ROMs will be out Soon, if you are not familiar with the fastboot and Commands, then either leave or pay a lot of attention towards the tutorial, it is not that difficult.If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Nexus 9 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM, you need to use the Fastboot commands to install this and also your device must be rooted.Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Nexus 9!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
4. Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device:
Since Nexus devices require an unlocked Bootloader for Customizations, you need to visit the link to Unlock the Bootloader: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Google in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install this ROM on Your device:
Download the Firmware Package and extract the Files: Link
Now copy the System.img and boot.img to Fastboot folder.
- Once Again, Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder
- Boot your Device in Bootloader mode, Power Off your device and then press and Hold Power + Vol. Down, until you are in bootloader mode.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Press Enter after every command
- Now in command prompt, type: fastboot format system
- Once again, Type: fastboot format cache
- Once the Process is over, type: fastboot format user data.
- Now to install the System image, Type: fastboot flash system system.img
- Once again, type: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Finally type: fastboot reboot
- The First boot will take a while, so be patient
- This ROM is fully De-odexed with Google Apps
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016