There aren’t much threads available on XDA related to HTC Desire 816, however the available ones should be shared among the world. The most viewed ROM on XDA for HTC Desire 816 is the KingSense 2.0.0, and we will show you how to install it. The ROM is based on Android 4.4.2 with HTC Sense 5.5, Kernel in the new update, is set to Stock with System Write access means you can modify the Kernel as per choice. The Aroma installer is there to help you, whether you want to install the full ROM or just the update, which Mods you want to install, which apps you don’t want to see in the ROM.
If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your HTC Desire 816 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from HTC but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install KingSense DS 2.0.0 Custom ROM on HTC Desire 816. But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC Desire 816
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: How To Unlock Bootloader of HTC Devices
- Root Your Device: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom which may result in bricking of your device, and it has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
KingSense DS 2.0.0: Link
- Take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the KingSense DS 2.0.0.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- In Aroma Installer, Choose Wipe Data, to install New ROM.
- If you are doing the update only, then Wipe Data for update only.
- Proceed and Follow the on-Screen Instructions.
- Once the Process is over, Tap Reboot System Now.
If You Are Stuck In Bootloop:
Aroma Installer doesn’t require the separate installation of boot.img in most cases and developer have not mentioned to Flash the boot,img separately. However, if you gets stuck in Bootloop, here is the way to get out.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the ROM File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
Voila! that’s it, your HTC Desire 816 is now upgraded to Android 4.4.2 KingSense DS 2.0.0 , to check Go to settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016