Apple unveiled iOS 8 yesterday at their Keynote conference, and already developers have released a way to install it on the compatible devices and almost all those who are compatible with iOS 7 can be upgraded to iOS 8 too. iOS 8 included many new features, including support of 3rd Party Keyboards, interactive Notifications, widgets in Notifications center and much much more and as always those who are a member at iOS Dev Center, wants to upgrade their device to iOS 8, so let’s begin.
Before Beginning, keep in mind that:
- You are the member at Apple’s iOS developer Program, if not you can become one with $99 per year. Follow the link
- Make sure that you have made a Back-up of all your data to iCloud or iTunes.
- Beta Versions are usually buggy, follow at your own risk.
- iOS 8 beta version is compatible with the following:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, iPad with Retina Display (iPad 4, iPad 3), iPad 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch (5th generation)
1. Register Your iOS Device:
- Open iOS Dev Center and Log-in there.
- Click on the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles at the Side bar (top right).
- Now on the Navigation panel, Click on Devices.
- Click On + button to Add your device.
- Here you need to Enter the name and UDID of your device and here is how you can find your Device’s UDID:
- Connect your device with Mac and launch iTunes.
- Select your iOS device from Devices section of iTunes and Open the Summary Tab.
- Click Serial number Label and you’ll see the identifier field and 40 hex UDID number, copy it to clipboard.
- Now paste that UDID number and enter the name of your device and click the Continue button.
- Review the Details and Click the Register button.
2. Download iOS 8 Beta:
- Visit iOS Dev Center again.
- Under the iOS 8 beta tab, download iOS 8 beta for your device.
- After the Download, Extract the zip file to access the .ipsw file.
- Make sure that your iTunes are the latest ones.
3. Install iOS 8 Beta (iTunes Method):
- Open iTunes, and connect your device to Mac or Windows PC.
- In iTunes, Select your iOS device from Devices section and Open the Summary Tab
- Hold Down Option/Shift Key and Click Update iPhone.
- Select the .ipsw file and click OK/Open button.
- Click OK to continue, if iTunes gives you any message.
- Once the device reboots and open on your lock Screen, Swipe the Slider to continue.
- The device will reboot again and this time you’ll be greeted with a “Hello” screen, Swipe on the “Slide to setup” and continue, follow on screen instructions to set-up your device.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Download Pokemon Uranium for Pc - December 6, 2016
- Install GBA4iOS 2.1 Game Boy Advance Emulator On iOS 10 [ Without Jailbreak ] - December 5, 2016
- Happy New Year 2017 Images HD Wallpaper With Wishes - December 5, 2016